Check out our new YouTube video about StouderHouse Blue Shampoo and StouderHouse Detangler & Smoother on our StouderHouse YouTube Channel.
Loads of lather! Tea Tree and other essential oils in this shampoo are very beneficial for any scalp condition. Just wet your hair as usual and rub the bar on your hair. Scrub with your fingertips all the way to the scalp. No need to rinse and repeat - just allow the shampoo to work for a minute or two, then rinse. Soft water is best for hair washing.
Made with 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils and chamomile flowers.
Ingredients: saponified coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, and castor oil with bentonite clay, dried chamomile flowers, essential oils (including tea tree), and iron oxide color
NEVER USED A SHAMPOO BAR???
Our Blue Shampoo bars are a wonderful alternative to the chemical detergent liquid shampoos. They are better for you & your hair, as well as the environment - no more plastic bottles going to the landfill. And all our soaps are a breeze to travel with - just pop them in a baggie and go!
We've designed our shampoo bar in a round shape instead our usual square. Both of our soap shapes were designed to help you maximize your soap - they are not prone to breaking and generally remain intact until the slivery end of the soap bar. The blue color was chosen simply because it rhymes with shampoo. Hopefully, these will help everyone in your home remember which one is the shampoo bar.
The essential oils used in our special recipe were chosen for their beneficial effects and should help anyone who is suffering from dandruff or other scalp problems.
This particular soap blend is best for normal to oily hair. If your hair is dry, please try using one of our regular soap bars. Our Tea Tree Mint Soap would be a great place to start.
If you have never used shampoo bars before, please be aware that there is an adjustment period for your hair.
This phase will likely be the worst for folks who have oily hair and shampoo daily with detergent shampoos. Your scalp has grown accustomed to being stripped of all its natural oils regularly, and its response is to go into oil production overdrive. In other words, your scalp and hair are addicted to the chemical shampoo.
In order to lessen the severity of the transition, try using the slow withdrawal method. Begin using less chemical shampoo each time you wash your hair. Then try skipping a day or an extra day in your hair washing routine. Once you've adjusted to that, try using the shampoo bar every other time you shampoo. Gradually increase the usage until you've completely eliminated the chemical shampoo.
You may notice your hair feeling dry and straw-like on the ends. You may experience a thick, waxy feeling especially on the back of your head. These are very unpleasant side-effects of the withdrawal, but they are only temporary. Your hair and scalp will naturally make adjustments every day, and you will return to more normal looking hair soon! Don't give up! Clips, caps, and braids are all helpful during this stage. Full adjustment may take 2-8 weeks.
Apple cider vinegar rinses can be helpful. Pour a few tablespoons of ACV in a large plastic cup and take it into the shower with you. After shampooing and rinsing, fill the cup the rest of the way with water and use this for your final rinse.
The shampoo bar will work infinitely better with soft water than with hard water. If you have hard water, you may want to explore some other alternatives - especially if your hair is long. If your hair is colored, we recommend experimenting late in the color cycle so as not to damage a fresh color job.
Our Hair Detangler & Smoother can ease tangles and smooth frizziest. Shake well and use on wet or dry hair.
StouderHouse Dry Shampoo & Volumizer can help you skip a day or two in your shampooing routine, as well as add volume to aid in styling.
Good to know:
Natural soap is naturally anti-bacterial if you lather for 20 seconds or more.
These come boxed and weigh in at a minimum of 3.25 ounces.
They will last a long time if you keep them dry when not in use.
Check out our Soap Coasters!
The key to treating acne is to never allow sweat to stay on your face. Wash with soap EVERY time you sweat. At a minimum, wash your face morning and night.
Yes, your diet counts, too. Drink plenty of water - try adding a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar to help your body detoxify.
Use one of our detoxifying soaps:
- Shaving Soap is the best due to the essential oils used and the generous dose of bentonite clay it contains.
- Sunshine Mountain Soap has beneficial essential oils and bentonite clay as well as finely ground pumice for a bit of a scrub.
- Blue Shampoo contains bentonite clay as well as tea tree essential oil for its beneficial medicinal qualities. Blue Shampoo is NOT moisturizing and may cause dryness with twice daily use.
- Hunting & Fishing Soap is made with activated charcoal. The anise essential oil scent smells like licorice.
- Honey Oat Milk Soap has bentonite clay, local honey (combats bacteria & holds in moisture), finely ground oats (gentle scrubbing), and goat’s milk (great for skin due to vitamins, etc).
- Moroccan Spice Soap has kaolin clay to gently remove toxins from the skin.
- Peppermint Snow Soap contains kaolin clay. The peppermint essential oil helps shrink pore size and tighten skin.
- Tea Tree Mint Soap has bentonite clay and tea tree essential oil, as well as mint to tighten the pores. It also contains poppy seeds which can scratch very delicate skin. If needed, rub it on a washcloth and pick the poppy seeds off before using on your face.
- Yogi Soap has a super dose of activated charcoal, as well as honey and goat's milk, but it also contains coarse black pepper which can scratch very delicate skin. If needed, rub it on a washcloth and pick the peppercorns off before using on your face.
We also have 4 detoxifying face masks. Refreshing Mask tightens pores with the power of peppermint leaves and essential oil, but the Activated Charcoal Mask is probably best if you’re fighting acne, as it contains both bentonite clay and activated charcoal. We also have a Soothing Mask made with oats and buttermilk, and a Brightening Mask with citrus oils and kaolin clay. Use 2 - 3 times per week.
Toxins are absorbed by our bodies, our skin, every day. There are toxins in food, the air, the detergent residue in our clothing, lotions, sunscreens, colognes, antiperspirants, etc. To help combat these positively charged toxins, we can wet negatively charged bentonite clay or activated charcoal and apply it to our skin. The positively charged toxins will be attracted to the negatively charged clay or charcoal and be washed away with water.